Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Illuminati Campirosa 2003, D.O.C. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Cerasuolo
deep pink with purple.
Nose: very expressive, sweet, ripe and succulently fruity, some mineral impressions but dominantly wild cherries. Also some spicy (pepper) notes and yeast. Attractive and very clean.
Taste: quite powerful for a rosť, with a rich and succulent mouth feel, some alcohol, very well complemented with a firm acidity, some spicy tannins and a light, attractive touch of bitterness, ripe (cherry) fruit dominates the aroma's. Very well balanced, clean and with a strong character.
Finish: quite long, fresh, some sweetness of the ripe grapes and alcohol, good, well integrated tannins, a touch of bitterness, finishes fruity and very clean.
* This is a wine with character.
A strong and excellently balanced rosť, both easy drinking and with
enough personality to cope with various dishes. The well measured tannins,
freshness, loads of cherry fruit and a succulent mid palate makes this
wine so versatile and delicious.
- Drink this wine between now and 2006, will not improve with age, it will gain spicy and earthy nuances, but will lose much of its fruit after a few years.
- Good producer of approachable (modern) Abruzzo wines that generally possess a strong, interesting regional signature. This Campirosa 2003 is a good example.
- lotnr.: L 04 - 030
- tasted: 06-09-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Dino Illuminati
"Fattoria Nico", 64010 Controguerra (Teramo) Italia, tel.: + 39-0861808008,
fax.: + 39-0861810004, e-mail: email@example.com
/ web site: www.illuminativini.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org